I'm gonna gush a bit here, so better start out with a disclaimer that I have no financial interest in it and am not related to the guy in any way. The guy I'm talking about is Marty Bartholomew.

When I first started fly fishing in CO I bought his book, Fly Fishers Guide to Colorado. I've bought or borrowed other such books since, but his is the best. Advice, maps, hatch charts, etc.

Today I went to a TU fly tying clinic and got to sit across the table from Marty as he tied. I started by thanking him for the help I have received from the book. I watched him tie a fly or 2 and was getting ready to leave when he looked me in the eye and asked if there was anything he could show me that would help. He was tying on a Renzetti, like the one I am now trying to master, so I asked for help with that. He obliged.

Then he showed me his Blue Quail Caddis fly. This is an easy tie and the most realistic caddis I've seen to date. I could have tied it from memory, but he (commercially, no doubt) mentioned that the instructions were included on his new DVD, "Fly Fishing Colorado's Major 6".

I bought that DVD at my local fly shop on the way home. I watched it tonight. It is absolutely the best fly fishing video I've watched to date. Very entertaining, very realistic, and very educational. Terrific stuff! If you plan to fish in CO, you ought to buy it. If you just dream of fishing in CO you ought to buy it. If you never plan to fish in CO, I still think you'll enjoy it and learn a few things.

It cost me about $35 and is well worth it.

Completing my day, I Googled Blue Quail and managed to score a new full skin for $13 with S&H. This has been a really educational and rewarding day!

I didn't post this to help Marty, even though I feel I owe him. I posted it to help you.