+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roger & Joe-you made America proud!

Default Roger & Joe-you made America proud!

Just finished watching part 2 with my non-fishing wife, & as expected after having watched the first show, it was outstanding! Colleen now wants to visit one of the Reservations, so we will have to plan that trip in the not so distant future.
    Great show guys!.....Thank you both.
    Mike

------------------
    This site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Got to agree with ohiotuber. You guys done good.

Beseides the fact that the stars were Native, I think the thing I liked best was that both guys are "regular" folks. Not well known "big names" in the fly fishing world or some sreen star that knows nothing about fly fishing. Both of them are guys you'd likely run into on a stream or lake.

Great job, Roger and Joe. Wish they'd make it a weekly show.

REE

Two men many miles apart. Two Nations, rich in heritage, and they meet as brothers to share beliefs and wisdom. The beauty that surrounded the two shows and the reflections of your great nations of the past warmed my heart. The choices people make in life to survive, and the choices they make regarding our Beautiful nature hopefully won???t stay in the past. May the spirit of Native Waters flow through our veins and in our dreams.

Roger Stouff and Joe Kipp, I look forward to both of your futures, May the sun down shine on both of you, a job well done

Philip

------------------
    Excus my spelling and gramma, I hooked Mondays and Fridays so I could Hunt or fish.

[This message has been edited by old geezer (edited 11 February 2006).]
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

I had the pleasure of speaking with Mick
    Flarety, Barrett Productions, today on the phone regarding these shows, and they really do understand what works best is just what they have done with both Roger and Joes and Dave's shows. It is what the viewer (and reader in our case) can and does connect/relate to at all levels.
    Exactly what I wrote in this week's column.
    Hopefully we will see more in the same manner and tone.

Great job from all concerned.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

I also enjoyed part 2. It was pretty neat that the ranger was along using "good ole boy" tackle and fit in just fine. I wish I would have taped it.

------------------
    I learn more about the world while talking to myself when fishing alone

I don't get OL channel here. Did I hear somewhere here, that there's a CD in the works for either or both of these episodes? Info please.

------------------
    Lew
    They're just fish, right? Right?

I just saw the second episode last night. Now I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for the first one. I really enoyed it. It was nice to see regular guys catching regular fish, not the constant bigguns that most shows show. I thought the interview parts were enjoyable as well. Nice job guys. A commendable effort to say the least.

Jeff

------------------
    dead fish don't make reel music

Thanks, folks. The weather hampered us a lot. Cold fronts, not to mention, two hurricanes!

If anyone has a copy on DVD they'd be willing to pass around, I've been on forums where folks just start it off by enclosing a list of names and addresses, and one person gets it, watches it, and then mails it off to the next.

I don't have a DVD-R or I'd have done it myself! Anyone?

R

------------------
    [url=http://www.native-waters.com:717b7]http://www.native-waters.com[/url:717b7]

Any copyright considerations to be concerned about?

------------------
    Lew
    They're just fish, right? Right?

I don't think as long as no one is doing this for 'profit' there is any problem. The folks at Barrett Productions do read FAOL and the boards, so if they object, I'm sure we will hear about it. I'm not concerned.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

+ Reply to Thread