Well it's not a rod, but this section of the site is where I like to spend my time here so figured I'd share something kind'a neat with you guys.

Well my mind wandered again tryin' to come up with something different to take along to the Midwest Fly Fishing Expo along with rods this weekend to have at the booth. I had an idea (scary I know) so after a trip to BPS, Micheal's Craft Store and the hardware I came home with some bags of goodies, tossed in a couple fly fishing DVD's and 4hrs later this emerged from the depths of the shop. Originally I was going to center the net over the wood base, but I had an idea to use a thin piece of wire in the rear of the net and then anchor the front lip of the net by filing a "flat" on the lower edge so I could bottom drill a screw up into it. Done this way you cant see anything holding the net to the base and it looks like it's almost floating in the air. Also attached the trout to the front of the net so there's no visible things holding the trout either. Coated the river rocks with two coats of clear enamel to give them a "edge of the river wet look". And what trout is complete with a fly in it's mouth so I mounted a Hendrickson with a leader coming off of it in his chops.

Steve