I didn't want to hijack flybugpa's thread on wading boots, but the subject of wading staffs came up, so I thought I'd ask. How many of you use a wading staff? For what reasons? Pros/cons? I had two major surgeries on my hip and ankle last year and would already have taken some bad spills since then if it hadn't been for my wading staff.
I use a collapsible hiking staff that I tether with a four-foot leash to my wader belt for when I'm walking. I also have a caribiner attached to the handle loop for attaching the staff to my chest pack when I'm fishing so that it is easilly accessible when I need it. With the way I attach the staff I never fear that I'll loose it and it is always out of the way while I'm fishing.
Anyway, just wondering what others use and how they work for them. This isn't to debate the pros and cons. I guess using them is a personal preference, but mine is now a vital part of my equipment and I couldn't go fish the rivers without one anymore.

Here are some pics to show how mine works:

Here is mine in use while walking the shore of Idaho's Big Lost River - obviously that's me in the background:

Here it is tethered to my chest pack while I'm fishing:

What works for you?

Kelly.