Quote Originally Posted by Mato Kuwapi View Post
No point in making this one into a mud slinging fest. It's being discussed to death on many sites. Quite simply, it's illegal in most states and provinces. It's nothing more than what we call "Lining" a fish, up here in Ontario...and it's illegal here. It's a form of snagging. Until the regulations change...and that won't be any time soon, I think it's a dis-service that the magazines (web & hard copy) out there are allowing to advertise this sort of thing. It just goes to show you how desperate they are to make a buck.

How I feel about it? If a fishery allows for more than one fly and they can prove the science that this sort of thing is less harmful than what we do now, in Catch & Release fishing, then maybe the rules can one day be made to accommodate it. Until then...I really don't want to see it in all of my magazines.
I very respectfully disagree. How is anyone supposed to know about a technique that may potentially be beneficial unless it is put out there? If there are any places where this is legal (I don't know there are any places or not), why shouldn't fisherpersons have the option of learning about the technique and using it themselves? How can you prove it is more or less harmful if people don't actually use it? I would agree that there should be a disclaimer stating that not all areas allow this kind of fishing, etc. But I don't see any harm in providing the knowledge that there are people working on making fishing potentially safer for C&R.

That is the way I see it, but I do understand your point of view.

Paul