Jeff,
I have to agree with DarrinG's reply. I started looking for a kayak about 2 yrs ago when I got tired of fighting the summertime moss in a float tube. I looked at a lot of different boats and almost pulled the trigger on several other brands during my search. I found myself comparing them to the Native Ultimate 12 and decided to pass each time. I wanted a stable boat that I could fly fish out of comfortably and stand up if needed. For me the price tag was a big factor but I was determined not to buy something that I wouldn't be satisfied with. It took me 18 months to save up enough money to buy an Ultimate 12 and I bought it last summer. I am more than pleased with my choice. The seat is the most comfortable on the market and is even better with the seat riser installed so you can set up higher and see better with minimal loss of stability. It is not a "whitewater" boat but it will handle some pretty rough water just fine. It's not a speed demon but tracks extremely well with the optional rudder. I have been very deliberate about what accessories that I added to keep the weight down and keep it as portable as possible. There are 3 accessories that I feel are must have to get total enjoyment from the boat, the rudder, seat riser and an anchor trolley. I would highly recommend this boat.

Doug