+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danielsson H5D11fourteen fly reel

Default Danielsson H5D11fourteen fly reel

Got this reel for a trip I didn't end up doing and now up for grabs. Big fish, big water beware! Great reel for the salt, or your big spey set-up. Condition~new in box. Here are some shots from their site, but I will provide photos of the actual reel if anyone needs to see them. Asking $550 + shipping, PayPal add 3%.

Open to offers guys, this is a fine reel!
    TZB

Bump once more! She'll be up here another week or so, then off to that auction site I'm not fond of...

I've been told I might be a bit high on this one, so I'm moving it to $475 insured/shipped anywhere in N.A.
    Thanks,
    TZB

BUMP~open to serious offers folks. There should be some saltwater anglers in this crowd!

Thanks.

Zug? What is the line weight equivalent for this reel? For which fish?

Hi LadyFisher~lines 11-14...which fish~anything that swims! (significant backing capacity) Here is a blurb from the Danielsson site you might find helpful;

Danielsson H5D 11fourteen

Except from the Control reels this is our biggest, it carries a lot of backing. It perfectly carries large spey lines and longer two handed rods. If you own this reel you can fish for record Tarpons and brutal Atlantic Salmon. The drag will have no problems stopping them. The drag is not only powerful but also silk smooth in every setting. We deliver the 11-14 in drag level 5. It is also very easy to change between left & right handed retrieve.

Model: 11fourteen
    Line: 11-14
    Capacity: WF12F-275 30lbs
    Weight: 272 gr
    Outerdiameter: 118 mm

Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Thanks,
    TZB

The computer at home is now needing replacement, so I'm a motivated seller! $425 shipped/insured anywhere in the US/Canada.

Thanks,
    TZB

Quote Originally Posted by thezugbug View Post
    The computer at home is now needing replacement, so I'm a motivated seller! $425 shipped/insured anywhere in the US/Canada.

Thanks,
    TZB
    Know why no one wants it? A 11-14 reel is HUGE, for sailfish and tuna, maybe even mako or for someone with a 16 foot spey rod. You (meaning someone in general) have a 7 weight 14 foot spey rod and that thing is just going to be too heavy!! Wanna sell it?? Go to www.speypages.com where almost everyone needs a bigger than average reel.

At only 9.5 ounce this reel is a match for many Double Hand rods 13' and up. The H5D 11/14 is very light for diameter and capacity.. considerably lighter than the prior Danielsson [LOOP] HD 11/14 which is still lighter than say a 4" Hardy Perfect.

The suggestion to try the Speypages classifieds is at least accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by salt_flytyer View Post
    Know why no one wants it? A 11-14 reel is HUGE, for sailfish and tuna, maybe even mako or for someone with a 16 foot spey rod. You (meaning someone in general) have a 7 weight 14 foot spey rod and that thing is just going to be too heavy!! Wanna sell it?? Go to www.speypages.com where almost everyone needs a bigger than average reel.

+ Reply to Thread