Quote Originally Posted by Ron Eagle Elk View Post
A size 14 Stimi, huh? Nice fly, as is the little nymph. Will be adding a few to the box. Have you tried a bit of head cement under the biot, or a fine wire rib to make it more durable (ten fish is quite durable isn't it).

I have not tried that yet Ron, but i must say i don't think that the fish really cares about the biot. Even after the biot disintegrated the fish still took it very confidently.

REE
Quote Originally Posted by sagefisher View Post
Morne,

Glad you caught some fish, sorry about the rod. Even though you were able to get it replaced, still it is a lousy feeling and sound when a rod breaks. As they say, "Benn there, Done that".

I hope you geta break in the weather as fall approaches for you, some much needed rain and cooler temperatures will be good for the fish and the people of SA.

Have fun down there and keep fishing.

Larry ---sagefisher---
Thanks Larry.

I must say we realy need the rain. In Cape town its not so bad (except for the heat) but some parts of our garden route is experiencing the worst drought in recorder history with some towns running completely out of water and rivers drying up.

Just yesterday a town about 30min drive from Cape Town had temperatures of 48C (118F) and in Cape Town itself 38C (100F).

It still is another few weeks before our normal seasonal rain will start and temperatures starts dropping.

Currently I am waiting with bated breath to go on leave in about three weeks time and will be heading to cooler climates for two weeks of non stop fishing.

Morne