Joe, Joe;

What's this bit of poor portrayal of the fine state in which I find myself? Granted, I don't live near Hastings, nor have I found myself driving about aimlessly in the area, but due to the local bulletin board (found [url=http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi:9f375]Here[/url:9f375] ) I do know something about it.

The Pheasant hunting is quite fine. Lots of birds this last season I hear. (I hunted another area and kicked up scads of birds.)

Them 'pits' on the side of the road have produced some mighty big fish over the years.

Harlan is the favorite place for many people to fish. I would love to hit it, but there are good places closer.

Prairie Lake gets good review from some fishermen also. I think I read it is supposed to be open this summer, but I'd have to check.

At any rate, glad to hear you made it up here for the day! Also glad to hear you had a ball! Great story!

Don

Oh, and forget what I said about the Pheasants. There really are none. None I say! No quail, prairie grouse or sharp-tailed ones either. Not worth a trip. And definately do not visit the link I provided and go to the CRP-MAP program page to see the publicly available land managed for upland birds by the owners.