Thread: how to save the post office

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by flyguy66 View Post
    rodney,

i just said bust the monopoly. deregulate. if the usps survives that, then i'd be really happy. but i wouldn't bet on them surviving. they make very poor decisions. and the reason the usps is in a death spiral is because of that "cheap, efficient small parcel delivery" model you seem so impressed with. it isn't viable anymore. hasn't been for over a decade. one only has to look at the deficits they rack up year after year to realize that. something that broken isn't something you praise as a good thing and tell folks they should be thankful for. it's a fairy tale.
    There is no monopoly here. No one in the USPS is stopping the big 4 from delivering an type of parcel to any address. There is no price regulation by the federal government on what any delivery system charges you so please stop blaming the USPS for the rates of the big 4. No one is holding a gun to your head nor conspiring to force you to use only the USPS. It is your choice which service you use. However, consider that if not for the USPS that you despise so badly you quite probably would not have the nation you have today or at least it would be very different and not in a good way. There are those of us in the know on some stuff. Your beloved big 4 stick it to the military and that means you too every chance they get. That is corporate America for you. They are every bit as dirty and perhaps dirtier than our government.

100 years from now if our nation still exists the USPS, in some form, will still be here. You and I won't. My dad is pushing 80 and he will tell you that several times every decade there is always someone singing the doom and gloom of the USPS.
    Last edited by Muskrat; 03-08-2010 at 05:22 AM.
    Rodney

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. " George S. Patton Jr., General, U.S.A., Ret.

"we don't need grudges here or on the water", Practice what you preach. Use the PM function.