Default how to save the post office

how to save the post office

Brian-R_CA.po.jpg

Don't laugh, it may come to that.
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

gonna cost me more than that--my beverage just sprayed all over the keyboard...
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

Bass_Bug Guest

Just think what a tank of gas will cost when stamps reach that point???

Casey, thats why I don't bring a beverage near the computer. The computer is only 3 years old, the beverage is usually 12!

For that I expect delivery on Saturday.

Start with removing the restrictions and let UPS & FedEx compete for letter delivery and raising junk mail rates.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I can understand the problem USPS is having. As for myself, I purchased a book of the "foreve"r stamps last October (?) and haven't used a ONE yet. I do all my correspondence via e-mail or telephone and pay all my bills via my bank e-bills, e-pay. Prior to getting "smart" i was paying over $50 per month on postage . BUT, I know it's coming, a tax on e-correspondence. AND, how can you fix an instutution that allows sick days to accumulate for years. A postal worker can retire earlier using his/her accumulated sick days to discount their retirement date. GREAT deal if you can get it. Whatever happened to common sense ?

Mark
    PS: And that being said, in addition to my "signature" I best get my a$$ to work. Short day today, like yesterday, 16 hours.Gotta finish the job before the per diem non completion penalty kicks in.
    Last edited by Marco; 03-05-2010 at 04:47 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I can understand the problem USPS is having. As for myself, I purchased a book of the "foreve"r stamps last October (?) and haven't used a ONE yet. I do all my correspondence via e-mail or telephone and pay all my bills via my bank e-bills, e-pay. Prior to getting "smart" i was paying over $50 per month on postage . BUT, I know it's coming, a tax on e-correspondence. AND, how can you fix an instutution that allows sick days to accumulate for years. A postal worker can retire earlier using his/her accumulated sick days to discount their retirement date. GREAT deal if you can get it. Whatever happened to common sense ?

Mark
    PS: And that being said, in addition to my "signature" I best get my a$$ to work. Short day today, like yesterday, 16 hours.Gotta finish the job before the per diem non completion penalty kicks in.
    The Other Side of the Coin

How about rolling over vacation days? If I don't use my vacation this year, is it wrong to expect that benefit in the future? I have PTO. All time off comes from one pool regardless of whether it is called vacation or sick time. If I get close to retirement, am I not allowed to take time off. If I have enough accrued days to take off and still to get paid until my retirement date, should I not be allowed that benefit. If I work without the rewards at the time, am I to be denied the reward in the future? The harder you work, the less you get. There's an incentive for you.

One last thought about that. If I don't take sick days and they don't have to bring in a replacement worker to cover for me, then they have fewer days with a (in theory) less efficient worker. That means that the general day-to-day productivity should be higher.

How can we fix organizations like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    how can you fix an instutution that allows sick days to accumulate for years. A postal worker can retire earlier using his/her accumulated sick days to discount their retirement date. GREAT deal if you can get it. Whatever happened to common sense ?
    You are mistaken. Yes postal workers can accumulate sick leave. No, it does not discount their retirement date. Some will use up whatever they have on the books if they can find a doctor to write them a long term illness note. Otherwise the accumulated sick leave will just be added to the total service time when they retire. My wife added 18 months to her time in service and I added 9 months with accumulated sick leave.
    As for common sense, what do you think it costs to pay someone to stay home and burn up their sick leave while you pay someone else time and a half to cover that vacant position? Compare that with the extra .02% for each year of a accumulated leave. Before federal employees retirement system got wise and changed from use it or lose it sick leave, everyone was calling in sick just for a play day.

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman View Post
    For that I expect delivery on Saturday.
    You don't get mail on Saturday? We don't get it on Sunday but it still comes to Wis on Sat.

+ Reply to Thread