Haven't been in the boards for a while.
Not having much to contribute I figured not to say anything was a valuable thing .
Now I have something that may be of value.
We (friends and I ) went on our annual ice fishing trip , not much to say about that . No one died or got hurt and a good time was had by all. BUT when I got to work on Tuesday of the following week there was an interesting thing happen to me. One of my co-workers proudly piped up " Hey Pete (my name is actually Pete) I met your wife .
Where would my co-worker meet my wife ? So I replied " Cool , where". ? The response was "Right here" as in at my place of work . Now my attention is really gotten . I retort "You're sure it was my wife"?
Yeah, she was driving your truck ( my truck ! the sacred truck no less ) Here comes the next question " When"?
Reply " Last Thursday" . Thursday ?! I was on my way to upper Minnesota Thursday morning ! So I go to my bosses office and ask "Was my wife in here last Thursday "? Hesitation on his part ( I hate hesitation ) " Well , sure . I think she was on her way to Cabellas and stopped in to say hi on her way out there . " AHA!!!
So on the phone I get and ask "Were you out at the shop last Thursday ? and my bride replied "Nooooo ,why do you ask honey "? "Just wondering , one of the guys said he met my wife last Thursday".
So, I pondered the situation for a goodly while (I'm a pondering sort of guy at times ). Spoke to one of my most trusted co-workers and asked if she'd seen my wife at work . She rolled her eyes and said "Oh for gawds sake that wasn't your wife ( deceitful co-worker that I used to trust ) that was "So and So" from admin.
Now my mind is scrambled but what the heck , I've known and trusted this co-worker for over 25 years !!!
I got home and went in the house ,my Bride is waiting at the top of the foyers stairs. I looked up and said "We had a problem till Rita bailed you out ." Bride said " Take a deep breath and come up stairs , I have a confession ( I hate confessions) to make ". I get to the kitchen and there's an open wine bottle ( nondescript vintage but a nice little table wine all the same ) and there are two glasses already poured .
This is not going to be good is in my mind.
Here's what she had to say for herself Bride's narative :
"We don't have a problem , but I was at your work last Thursday to talk to your boss .
I figured I had to come clean or we may have a problem , I know how your brain works dear ( oh , yeah ,sure she does , ha !)
Last October I was reading ( some gardeny plantish sort of magazine who's name eludes me ) and came across an add.
I have been in contact with a fellow named 'Beau Beasly ' ever since about a Fly Fishing festival in Virginia . Its called (amazingly enough ) the Virginia Fly Fishing Festival . We've been e-mailing back and forth about it .
I have already bought the plane tickets , made the hotel reservations , gotten the tickets to the VIP dinner , scouted out where you can fly fish for trout when your not at the festival (have you ever heard of "shennendoah Nat'l Park?) and oh by the way you're signed up for a fly casting seminar with a fellow named 'Bob Clouser'. Have you ever heard of him? anyway . I was figuring that the day we were going to fly out was when you'd find out that you weren't going to work that day . I was going to just tell you to get in the car and that you already had the day off since I had already cleared it with your boss . Then when we got on the jet I was going to give you the three ring binder that I've put together with the Who,What , When ,Where and Why.
There is also a card with every ones name on it who was involved in the subterfuge.
Both of our daughters, the neighbors , your boss , "Giger222" (whom she enlisted for technical expertise and who also enjoys a good joke , and was the one she was going to Cabellas to meet to help with about what should be taken for tackle ) , your sister Mary ......." (and mostly every one I know ).
While your'e at the Fly Fishing Festival there are two Gardening events that I will be attending and on
friday and Monday you and I will be fishing together ".
All of this was done with out me suspecting a THING !!!!
I have never had a friend like this in my life .
I am so thankful that she said yes when I asked her to marry me.
So far its been like a thirteen year long honey moon .

I thought that this was a neat story and wanted to share it with this community.

Yours,
Peter
A.K,A Perch