+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THE SNOW IS GONE! - Ladyfisher - March 1, 2010

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default THE SNOW IS GONE! - Ladyfisher - March 1, 2010

THE SNOW IS GONE!

And for me, I say Thank God. Yes I lived in Michigan for a good number of years and my worse memory of living there was stepping out of a little Morris Minor in dress shoes on the way to something nice and sinking up to my ankles in slush.

Deanna! Thanks for the memory!

If the truth be told, the 'lil brookie was actually BIGGER than you remember. The darn things look smaller in the water!
    Christopher Chin

In Central Wisconsin the snow is not all gone, but next Saturday is the opening of our "early Trout" season. We will have snow and slush, but we will also be fishing. I will be starting a note book, as you suggested. I believe that you are correct about adding details. That is what it is all about. We all enjoy the details. Dennis

Deanna, thanks for the reminders. I have found FAOL to be a great place to log my trips and memories, thanks for providing it!

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Hi Deanna,

I'm an old Connecticut Yankee who has lived in South Carolina for the last 37 years. I had forgotten the sensation of stepping in slush and shortly there after feeling the icy cold water pour into your dress shoes. Now I know why I stayed in South Carolina so long. Fishing year around is an ugly job but someone has to do it. 8T

I'm REALLY going to miss the good stuff about living in the Pacific NorthWest, but I have to admit when we moved here from Montana I was very grateful not to be up to my nose in the cold white stuff. I was willing to trade that for the not so cold wet stuff you don't have to shovel. I think I lived long enough to regret that choice. Some people who live in Montana avoid the cold white stuff by going to Arizona in the winter. Warm, with lots of sunshine. Not so much wet stuff in any form. Guess where we plan on spending next winter? AND I get to fish in fly fishing paradise the rest of the year. What was that saying, "too soon to old to late to smart?" (I wasn't an English major.)

+ Reply to Thread