This is the third year I've attended Tiefest and it seems to get better each year. Lefty Kreh was really moving about, spent most of his time out in the crowd, gave a lot of knot tying lessons(I for one benefitted from his instruction). Bob Clouser talked more than I ever heard him before and his casting instruction was awesome.

It appeared to me that people were spending a lot of money, everywhere I looked I saw someone buying something.

I agree with Scottp, Steve Farrar is fun to watch and his patterns were very good.

Blane Chocklett needs to write a book or create a DVD of his techniques.

I think the unsung heros were the Gem City Fly tiers, they were tying very interesting stuff and extremely approachable, one let me try out his Rite bobbin, another helped me learn a tying technique by instructing me while using his vise.

I don't know if you were there for the Lefty Kreh Birthday cake but everyone sang happy birthday to Lefty, I think he was suprised and humbled. It's hard to believe he's 85!

I know I left out a lot of great tiers but you have to be there and experience this one, it's a real hidden gem of a show.

Hats off to Tony Freidrich, and everyone else who organizes this event!

Wayne