Quote Originally Posted by Ron Eagle Elk View Post
Marco, like you, my wife and I are now fly fishers exclusively. Since there are two of us, that means at least two of everything. We each have a couple thousand dollars invested in rods alone, maybe more since some are bamboo, plus the reels and lines. We have rods that fit diffrent circumstances and allow us to fish despite limiting physical difficulties.

As to fly tying, only God knows how much we have invested in that portion of the sport. I do know that we could outfit a small fly shop very well and still have stuff for ourselves. We are well past the point of need, and work solely on want.

With the exception of FAOLer's, only a couple of our friends have tried fly fishing. They, despite our instruction and encouragement, decided it was a sport fit only for those completely mad.

Fly fishing and tying is what we do together for fun.

VEE has many other interests, mostly art related, mine is wood working and singing with a drum group. Fly fishing brings us together.

REE
Ron, you are so lucky to have a wife who enjoys the sport as much as you. My wife goes along on my fishing trips, but has no interest in putting on waders. However, she is very understanding of my enthusiasm for fishing and tying. Therefore, I have more stuff, on the bench and in the closet, than I can ever use. I had to stop and go count my rods. I think there are 11, (1 bamboo) and several very expensive ones. However, I still prefer an old Walton Powell rod for trout that I bought many year ago. Living in Florida, I also have several larger outfits for snook, bass and reds. Having a lake out my back door makes it pretty easy to fish everyday we are home.

As for tying equipment and material, like many others out there I have one of everything and too much of most of it for one man to use in a life time. I try to tie every day or so around travel and work. I'll probably end up donating the materials one day to some club for the young folks coming along.

Mark, see what you started. Now you've got us counting this stuff