A few years ago we had , here on FAOL, a poll about just how much of an investment in fly fishing equipment each of us had. The responses ranged from " I plead the 5th ammendment" to "less than $200 bucks. Myself, I'm probably in the less than $1000 bracket and my license plate is somewhat fly fishing related. The question that now occurs to me, in order that I may properly place myself, is just how much of your LIFE is invested in fly fishing. The reason for my curiosity is that after about 40+ years astream, I could not name ONE owner of a fly shop, ONE owner of a rod company, I have 5 rods and at gunpoint I could NOT name ALL of them, I don't tie my own ( no talent) , none of my friends (exc FAOL'errs) fly fish, my posts here on the forum SELDOM are in answer to a member's FF question, BUT, I fly fish almost exclusively ( I might add, with some success). This while I read others here who seem to be aware of or do ALL of these things and I do envy their awareness.
There is NO "agenda" to be implied from this question. I'm just curious.
Many times I've stated ,with purpose, "I fly fish" as oppose to "I'm a fly fisherman". To me, a "fly fisherman" is a designation bestowed upon those who "devote" time to the pursuit as opposed to those who simply enjoy being astream on occasion. This is not to disparage one and exhalt the other but simply a recognition , in my own mind, that there IS a difference.
SO, having said all of that, YES, I'd rather be in Wyoming but in addition, how much of YOUR life is invested in fly fishing?.

Mark
PS: It also occured to me I could "probably" be the 4th man in Olympic Bobsledding team if they can wait till I jump in. USA Just got the GOLD !!!!!!