I'll post a different take on crosscut strips...

I do not like them or use them at all. Even though I cut my own strips, and it would be easy to cut them that way.

Here's why:

Any strip, when wet, will lay back in the water when you strip it and be streamlined on the cast. The beauty of rabbit fur is that, when you stop it, it will flare or pulse out adding motion and bulk to the fly at rest.

When I use a palmered rabbit skin piece for a body, I want the hair to flare as close to 90 degrees from the body as possible when I stop it. That's the reason I use it, to get that pulsing bulk in the body. Since a croscut strip lays back naturally, it won't have the same breathing, pulsing action of one where the hairs naturally lay straight along the wrap axis. If I wanted the body to be streamlined, I'd tie it with something else.

I know that a fly tied with crosscut strips looks better 'dry' in the vise, but the fly only works when it's wet. It may be easier to tie with crosscut strips, but only marginally. I'll sacrifice a bit of time and take some care at the vise to get a fly that I believe will fish better in the water.

Up to you, but I've caught hundreds of fish on flies tied with bunny strips, and all of the strips were cut conventionally.

Buddy