+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HOLY COW!!! (not fishing)

Default HOLY COW!!! (not fishing)

I've never been a fan of hockey, but I may just have to change that. Canada wins over Slovakia 3-2. Canada was ahead 3-0 for most of the match, but Slovakia came on strong in the 3rd period. It got really scary at the end and I'm hear to tell you it's tough to watch the puck and the clock at the same time. But Canada held on and will face team USA on Sunday. Incredible game and my Kudos go to all involved. Hockey players are tremendous athletes. Now to Sunday. May the best team win.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I agree. I am tore between the two teams. Of course, the US because they are the country's team. Then you have Canada and they have my all time favorite player(Sidney Crosby). Either way it looks to certainly be a "Barn Burner".

Blog Entries

Man oh man what a game. The last 5 or 6 seconds were the most exciting thing I have seen in Hockey, except for Hendersons goal. If you are Canadian you know about Hendersons goal, otherwise you probably will never know.

The womens final was a nail biter too. The US team was surpurb they just met a better team on the day. Both teams were so evenly matched I was on the edge of my seat till the final whistle blew. You have got to admire The Canadian womans team that went 49-2 In the tournament. An olympic record by the way. I really liked the flow of the womens game with only a handful of penalties all game long. They are as fast as the Men and some of those slapshots would take your head clean off.

The game will be a barnburner for sure. I have been following the games and have come to really like the US team and the Canadian team. I am really torn and will be rooting for both Countries. Heck the players are all in the same league anyway.
    Yah Sidney's good all right but my favorite player is of course #99 but for some reason he isn't playing.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Leave it to FAOL! I've been searching the web trying to find the score. Doesn't seem to be posted on the official site yet? Anyway, that's excellent news! The Slovak team is very good, and hard to score against. I think this will make for an excellent medal round since the battle for the bronze should be as good a match as that for the gold. At least while searching I did find out that, if only for a brief while, Canada is ranked 1st with 10 golds! Probably won't last for long, but for now GO OH CANADA!

- Jeff
    Am fear a chailleas a chanain caillidh e a shaoghal. -

He who loses his language loses his world.

Gnu Bee & Jeff,
    I'm really glad to see Canada win that game. That way if my team doesn't win on Sunday, at least Canada will. I really like both teams.

Gnu Bee,
    Are you interested in any gentlemanly wager? A dozen flies perhaps?
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Yah, the final match between Canada and the US will be a great game. Both teams are exceptional, but unlike in the women's hockey, the difference between Canada/USA and the rest of the world is not so large and that has made for a great tournament. To not see both the Russians and the Swedes in the medal rounds just goes to show how deep the talent runs this year. Oh yah, and Sidney comes from Nova Scotia (where I'm from originally)! We all play hockey like him. Honest, really we do!

- Jeff
    Am fear a chailleas a chanain caillidh e a shaoghal. -

He who loses his language loses his world.

Blog Entries

Jeff

You are a BLUENOSER? Well damn, I would have never guessed that, I am a Herring Choker or a Wicker...

A Wicker born and bred and by the grace of God a Wicker Dead..

How did you get to be a NZ citizen ???

Note: BlueNoser is a referance to the Blue Nose Schooner, and hard working Fishing vessel that Nova Scotia is known for, and term for those from NS, and Wicker refers to a New Brunswicker, Herring choker refers to people from New Brunswick, as in all we eat is fish herring in particular..

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHamm View Post
    Yah, the final match between Canada and the US will be a great game. Both teams are exceptional, but unlike in the women's hockey, the difference between Canada/USA and the rest of the world is not so large and that has made for a great tournament. To not see both the Russians and the Swedes in the medal rounds just goes to show how deep the talent runs this year. Oh yah, and Sidney comes from Nova Scotia (where I'm from originally)! We all play hockey like him. Honest, really we do!

- Jeff
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

+ Reply to Thread