+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don't want to start a big discussion on TU...

Thumbs up Don't want to start a big discussion on TU...

It's just that I became a life member recently and when I got home from work last night, that Sage TCX they had sent was there ! Put a WF Rio Grand on it and went out in the fading light to cast it on the 30'' of snow in my yard. Wow! IMHO , that is one nice rod. My casting is not at a level that people aspire to, more like snicker at.That said, and adding that I haven't touched a fly rod in probably six months, the rod still was laying out 40-50 feet of line with little effort on my part. I have no financial association with Sage , other than buying a few of their rods, just wanted to share how excited my new rod made me.

Quote Originally Posted by 51BC View Post
    It's just that I became a life member recently and when I got home from work last night, that Sage TCX they had sent was there ! Put a WF Rio Grand on it and went out in the fading light to cast it on the 30'' of snow in my yard. Wow! IMHO , that is one nice rod. My casting is not at a level that people aspire to, more like snicker at.That said, and adding that I haven't touched a fly rod in probably six months, the rod still was laying out 40-50 feet of line with little effort on my part. I have no financial association with Sage , other than buying a few of their rods, just wanted to share how excited my new rod made me.
    With a similar amount of snow on the ground and no warm weather in the extended forecast we all need to find those little things (like a new fly rod) to brighten up our days and give us hope for warm water and fishy days.

Congrats on the new rod. I'm not a TU member but congrats on the life membership too. Good deal all around.

Jeff
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

Yeah...TU.
    I'm glad you like the rod they gave you.
    nam

Blog Entries

I am just wondering how a life time member missed the part where the snow has to be melted before it will float the fishes.......

I sure know how you feel about your Sage I felt the same way about mine when I first got it. I went across the street to the park because there was a night baseball game on and practiced along the sidelines to the hoots of a couple of the fans. Now of course you have to break it in on a fish.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Eagerly waiting to break it in on fish.

+ Reply to Thread