I have to share an on line shopping experience with everyone here. I order more fishing/fly tying related stuff than any one man has any right to purchase. Recently I ordered some hooks through a vendor who shall remain nameless. Without getting into all the nitty gritty, if I didn't keep copies of our email exchanges I wouldn't have had any proof of our arrangement and what we agreed to on pricing and quantity.

Only after I sent the vendor a copy of our email exchanges and he was told that if he did not honor what he said he would do to begin with, I would tell the world about it, not only on this fly fishing related board but on several others on which I post and contribute. I called him back today after I gave him a day to read carefully what he said in those emails.

While we worked an amount to be refunded I am sitll not happy with the whole process or the vendor. Please keep copies of everything and cover your rear. I was thinking of calling my credit card company and disputing charges etc. It can be a nightmare, but remember mistakes do happen and you want to be able to prove your "contract" for lack of a better term. The paper trail just keeps honest people honest.

Rick