Thread: Awesome fly reels cheap

Threaded View

Thumbs up Awesome fly reels cheap

Ok, I know this is going to sound like a sales pitch, but I get absolutely nothing out of anyone buying one of these fly reels. I stumbled across their reels on Ebay and boy am I ever glad I did! Here is a link to the companie's website http://www.allenflyfishing.com/xl.html I got my reel in today and I couldn't be happier! The reel I got sells for $75.00 on their website, and spare spools are only $30.00. Here is what their website says about the XL reel that I recieved today...The XL Series features a larger arbor spool with a very smooth and flawless bearing system.
    With it's straight forward bearing design. It provides a better access to the maintenance of the reel.

With it being CNC machined from bar stock aluminum and stainless steel. It gives the reel a corrosion resistance finish that's suitable for fresh and saltwater use.

As with all our reels, the drag system is our main concentration. It's a carbon sealed disc drag. The carbon allows a stronger grab letting you take more control of the reel without losing your line. It's proven great success with our Alpha Series.

Other features include; an Anti tangle counter balanced spool, 2+1 BB, 1:1 gear ratio, exposed palming rim, easy right to left hand exchange, and a large knob for adjustable drag for better control.

Let me know what you all think. I am so sorry, I thought these were U.S. made, but now I find out I was wrong. These are still very nice reels though. Thank you all and take care,
    Erby
    Last edited by tnharleyman; 02-26-2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: found out I was wrong, now I feel stupid