Thread: Long Winter is getting to us all

Threaded View

Default Long Winter is getting to us all

Guys and Gals,
    This long winter seems to be getting to the last nerve of many of us. Over the past couple weeks, I've seen more flames shot on FAOL than it seems I have in the past 2 years.

I know my temper is a bit short, I NEED TO GO FISHING, and I really need to see the sunshine and feel the warmth of its presence upon my back. I NEED to feel cool dew on the grass in the morning and feel the cool breeze coming off the water on a warm summer day.

I think as fishermen and women, we all are starting to get a little rough around the edges as we wait for the snow to melt, the sun to shine, and in many parts of the country, wait for the first signs of the 2010 fishing season.

I sure know I do and from a few of the flames I've seen over the past few weeks, I think I'm not alone.

I know some of my posts have been a little "ill tempered" and for that I do apologize. Even if the post did not read that way, in my heart, I know I"ve been less understanding of differing points of view than normal and I'm darn sure I've not participated in some threads because I knew in my current state of mind, I would say something that I would have regretted.

So, my "challenge" to my fellow FAOLers, Spring is now just a few weeks away. Let's all try extra hard to be nice to each other and when one of us does get a little "cranky" let's just give the other guy the benefit of the doubt.

I'm trying my best and will continue to do so.

Jeff
    Last edited by jeffnles1; 02-24-2010 at 02:49 AM.
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/