+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Albright Lou Tabory XXT fly line

Hybrid View

Question Albright Lou Tabory XXT fly line

Hi all,

I was browsing the Albright site a few weeks ago and came upon their XXT Intermediate (1.5 i.p.s. sink rate) fly line for $29.00. For S & G's, I decided to pick up a spool of 9 wt. I figured that sink rate would be just what I need for shallow water stripers up here on Long Island. When I opened the box, the entire 100 ft looked like a coil of tapered mono....not what I was expecting. I have other 9 wt lines (Teeny, Cabelas, Rio) that do not look like this. I've been told that the Albright lines are manufactured by SA. Doe's anyone know if this is true? Maybe I shouldn't complain too much for the $$$$ ? Has anyone else here used these lines? Thanks in advance.

Ken
    "Fly fishing is the most fun you can have standing up" Arnold Gingrich

Ken- I too have heard that SA makes the Albright lines. I fthis is the case then the line is a clear flyline similar to what SA made a couple of years ago. I liked the SA intermediate clear line for cold water. They also made one for warm water which showed the braided core and that one is tough to use in the cold water(kinky). The line will take alittle getting used to as there isn't a color change to show where the head ends and the running line begins. I had trouble at night at first because I couldn't see it, but I got used to it and could really throw a long cast with it. rel

+ Reply to Thread