I know, I know, I got an idea and that's usually rare and dangerous. I've got some sheets of foam rubber from wally world, its in the craft dept. comes in an assortment of colors and a bunch of them. I was tying some simple pellet flies, (I can't get deer hair to spin at all) So, I took a brown sheet and used a hole puncher on it. I then took the little round pieces, used my bodkin to put a hole in the middle. I wrapped the thread with a few wraps, put some glue on it and slid the pieces over the hook and down the shank into place. Presto, perfect little pellet shape.

Then I really got to thinking. I took a black and yellow sheet and did the same thing trying to make a bee. I don't think the bee will work, however, I'm thinking tonight I'm going to tie on a maribou tail, put on a few "holes" Maybe make stripes or a solid color body with different color heads. I even thought about cutting out a piece a little larger than the "holes" to making a popper or something like that.

This may be an old idea to you guys, but it was new to me. And I know there are ALOT more talented fly tiers on here than I am, so I was interested in your opinion. And on the off chance it is a new idea, I can't wait to see the flies you guys can come up with.

What ya think?

hNt