+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THINKING BACK - Readers Cast (Lew Cramer) - February 22, 2010

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default THINKING BACK - Readers Cast (Lew Cramer) - February 22, 2010

THINKING BACK

Strange! I don?t feel that old. Since my body can?t cash the checks that my mind writes, I must admit to myself that it?s true. I?m no youngster anymore. Many things that were enjoyable in my life are now unreachable. These are things I call ?Used ta?s?.

As a member of the 60+ club, I have more than a few of the used ta's myself. Rock and ice climbing, ski mountaineering, stuff like that. My 60+ years have finally started to remind me that they were hard years. I quite counting military parachute jumps at 200 hundred, then jumped as often as possible for another ten years. Yeah, I wasn't all that smart when I was younger.

I'm sometimes amazed at younger folks who are content to sit indoors at the computer, video game, or TV and just let the shack nasties happen. What I wouldn't give to be skiing above tree line in the alps again.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

I still do most of the things I diid before. Now it just takes alot longer.
    You had to remind me of that.

Rick

Most excellent ruminations Lew. They brought to the forefront many of my past escapades. Some funny, some not so funny, and some really stupid. I'll probably spend the rest of today cogitatin' on them. That's what old codgers do, they cogitate.
    Thanks again. Great letter.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Smile

I'm starting to think along the lines of having a FAOL Lie-In, where we all get together, cook up some ribs, compare equipment, and sit around drinking beer and telling lies about where we've been and what we've done. No need to bring waders, (unless you want to brag about them), we won't be using them. None of this "tent camp, sleep-on-the-ground" stuff. Just motorhomes, hardsides, and motels, with real beds and running water. We could have a Geritol tasting party, with a new walker for a door prize! Have contests to see who can still tie a hook onto a tippet! What say ye, age-ed gentry. You up for it, or should we just phone it in?

Thanks for your comments folks. Now I have to run to Wal-Mart and pick up some more pills.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

+ Reply to Thread