Ed,

I just got back from San Marcos, Texas. I was down there for the first 2 weeks of the year!

If you do get some time, do yourself a favor and do some fishing!!! The San Marcos, Blanco, and Llano are all in good shape for fishing right now. The water seemed to be a little on the low side while I was down, but it didn't stop the fish from biting!

I am not sure about the status of the Guadalupe River right now (I didn't have a chance to get there.) But from what I have been told, the water is down, and the fishing is really good! As has been said before, the Guadalupe river is USA's southern most trout stream!

One last thing, there is a new Cabelas in Buda, Texas that is really nice to go and visit. Tell Daniel in the fly shop that Reggie from Kentucky said "Hello, and that the fishing in the Cumberland is EXCELLENT right now!!!" Dan is a fun guy to spend a few minutes talking about fishing! He is from my area, and I love to make him jealous about the local waters I he left behind!!! HEHEHE!!!!

Anyway, have a good time in the Live Music Capital of the USA!!! Also, make sure to eat some of the GREAT food there as well!!!

Sincerely,
Reg

PS San Marcos and Buda are only about 20 minutes South of Austin on I-35!!!

[This message has been edited by RCaillouet3 (edited 26 January 2006).]

[This message has been edited by RCaillouet3 (edited 26 January 2006).]