+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warren ... thanks ...

Hybrid View

Wink Warren ... thanks ...

... from both of us.

Well, one of us, anyway.

John
    The fish are always right.

Great thank you, John. Looks like you're getting on a roll.

John,

I'm just glad they worked out for you! I assume you used one of the 32" furled leaders? If, so, how long of tippet did you attach to it? I may have to furled me up a short one and see if they work here for me! If you have some more experiments you want to try and I can help out, just let me know. You are a good friend that I have never met, but, I cherish your friendship.

Keep the reports coming.......
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Thumbs up 2# test .....

Warren -

Yes - I used one of the 32" leaders, the one made out of 2# test. I added about three feet of 4X fluoro tippet. Positioned the indicator very close to the butt end of the leader, which gave me almost 6' to the fly, which was just right for the place I was fishing.

If you haven't seen it, go to my fishing report for today on my "Montana Moments" thread. Took about 25 fish today, all but three were trouts, mostly cutts and cuttbows with a couple rainbows ( including the one above ). The other three fish were mountain whitefish. I always try to get a few of those for REE.

The whole rig ( size 8 4XL hook with about 20 wraps of .25 nonlead wire weight stonefly nymph plus yarn indicator ) turned over nicely. Next time out, I'll try to remember to try the other 32" leader you sent.

I can't say with absolute certainty that the fluoro did better than my thread furled leaders with mono tippet would do - but, holy mackerel, did I have fun, and with results like that, I'm sticking with the fluoro leader and tippet for a while.

John
    The fish are always right.

+ Reply to Thread