With much regret, I am leaving FAOL. I didn't want it to come to this, but it has.
Recently, FAOL instituted a policy that prevents me from putting a link to my website or even an innocent link to my non-commercial blog as part of my signature. I disagree with the new policy, but it's their forum and they have to do what they feel is best.
I have been a contributor here at FAOL. I get paid up to $1000 for magazine articles and FAOL had no problem publishing my stories and photos for free. I gladly donated the stories and photos because I like FAOL and especially all of the great people here. I also have helped many people who messaged me via the private message here on the forum.
Some people have even called my at home and I've gladly given them advice or the information they needed.
I have a small kayak fishing business and don't make a whole lot of money. But since it's a business, the only way I can promote it is by paying FAOL.
The people who run this forum have never done me wrong and they really haven't this time since they instituted the new policy. I understand, but don't have to agree with it. I just find it amazing, funny, unbelievable, hilarious, stupid and BS that they can take my work and the work of others for free, but won't let me post a simple little link to my website or non-commercial blog. It's not a two-way street.

Good bye to all. It has been nice. It has been fun. I'll miss this place, but there are other forums.