+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tie-Fast Gryp-Knot

Hybrid View

I've never conducted an official test, but have used the tool many times. Never had the knot fail........

I always show an interest in these knot type threads. I have watched with great interest Knot Wars here: http://www.fishingclub.com/ExtraCont...ntentHome.aspx

Knots are more than which one is the strongest. For me I have to tie it in dim light, with very cold hands too. Just because I can do it at the tying desk doesn't mean I can do it fast while the fish are feeding right infront of me at 11 pm and and cold. I really thought about using the nail knot to nail knot instead of a blood knot, but it is so hard to stop using a double surgeons when it is so fast and easy and is good nuff.

3. Default

Where would one find information on this Tie-Fast Gryp-Knot? Sounds interesting

interesting...Personally, I just don't like carrying extra stuff around. I have been using uni-knots (similar, but not quite the same) for a lot of my fly tying applications. never had one of those fail & they are really quick and easy to tie with cold wet fingers.
    "Some people fish their entire lives without realizing it's not the fish they're after."

Quote Originally Posted by clarkman23 View Post
    interesting...Personally, I just don't like carrying extra stuff around. I have been using uni-knots (similar, but not quite the same) for a lot of my fly tying applications. never had one of those fail & they are really quick and easy to tie with cold wet fingers.
    If you carry clippers, you can get a much smaller version that combines a tye-fast tool, clippers and file.

+ Reply to Thread