+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whoever put odds on ...

Cold Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Wulff View Post
    Dishwasher...
    My bet is TV.

Dont feel too bad though, Betty...the day after we got 20" of snow, the one item that decided to break? The snow blower.

First of all, my compliments to all you homeowner, and maybe some pros, for calling the animal it's correct name, eg. WATER HEATER as opposed to the oft erroneously stated, "HOT" WATER HEATER. Also to those who would be so emboldened as to install a water heater by themselves. when soldering the COLD water supply , REMEMBER not to apply heat too close ( probably within 12 ") to the top of the unit at the point of the inlet. There is a plastic fill tube inside the water heater at that point and any flame/heat applied too close to it will cause the lip of that tube to melt and fall into the tank . If THAT happens, you'll never have HOT water. Warm maybe but never HOT.
    Other than THAT and possibly breaking ones back hauling out the old sediment filled tank, IT's A SNAP.
    Betty, the BRIGHT side of this is when/if you sell your house, the listing will high lite "ALL NEW........................."

Mark
    PS: And I almost forgot, when taking the old unit to the curb for disposal, place it at least three neighbors over lest it catches the eye of a municipal inspector who would cite you for doing this installation without proper permit. Your neighbor could play dumb much easier that you could.

Betty,

By the sounds of things you might want to invest in Home Depot stock !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    I LOVE Home Depot!! It's like my candy store!! As would be Ace Hardware, and any lumber yard!! (I'd more likely be found there, on a shopping spree, than at Nordstroms, Macy's or Sak's.) I love the sights and smells, and sounds! The ONLY store that I can think of that would be better ... a hardware store with rod blanks and components!! NIRVANA!!!!!
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

+ Reply to Thread