+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Search Function

Hybrid View

Default Search Function

I did a search on this web site for "Enrico Puglisi" and the ONLY thing that the search function finds is thishttp://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/showthread.php?34150-EP-Baitfish . What's up with that? I find it hard to believe that we have never discussed this type of fly. Maybe I am using the new search function incorrectly so I will say it is my fault. Can anyone shove me in the right direction on the proper way to use the new search function.

If we can no longer search things on this web site that is just jam packed with wonderful information all of the pretty face lift stuff wasn't worth it in my opinion. The learning curve or what happens when I hit a certain button or the three or four response that I have typed all of he way out and then hit the blue box that says "Reply to Thread" only to have all of it lost and you can't get it back instead of the "Post quick reply" button, that stuff is nothing. I can live with the face lift, I can live with the little learning curve, but if we lost access to information, that would be a shame.

Hopefully it is just something that needs to be worked on and it will come back with time, I for one surely hope so.

Rick

Normand Guest

did you try the advance search?
    Last edited by Normand; 02-16-2010 at 02:22 PM.

When I did the advanced search nothing shows up. Now that is weird. Standard search shows one thread, a very current one and the advance search shows nothing. I am hoping that this is just on the list of things that still need to be done. All it tells you is how much I rely on this board for my information. We have a great board, I probably just need that extra dose of patience.

Did you search the board? OR the whole website? There are two (2) separate search's and the website one will NOT give results for the BB.

Search "entire posts" and for type I choose "any type" which I thought included all things FAOL. Now two threads appear. This one and the EP Bait one when I use Puglisi as the search term. I think that the search function is just doing what is new and nothing from the older posts right now until Ron does some more work. I'm sure that he is swamped and this is down the list a ton. I can live with that, I just hope that we will be able to search older threads again one day. It doesn't have to be this week or even this month, but one day.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFisher View Post
    Did you search the board? OR the whole website? There are two (2) separate search's and the website one will NOT give results for the BB.
    Strangely enough I just tried it with Forums only selected and it didn't find anything.

Did the archives ever get added to the search function? Just curious where we are at on the subject. Tried to find an article on stripping basket that I know is here somewhere not just the recent stuff from 2010 and it only found the recent postings. Thanks for an update on this from anyone who knows.

+ Reply to Thread