+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Martin McFly View Post
    What do you guys think of t his one?

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...SSSELL_PRODUCT
    You've got me thinking about that one too. Do they have them big enough to fit a moose?
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Well, it's nice with all those pockets and looks really comfortable, I just hope it performs well. I was reading the info on the sospenders and they are only recommended to "accomplished swimmers" which I am not.
    I believe I can fly fish

Quote Originally Posted by Martin McFly View Post
    Well, it's nice with all those pockets and looks really comfortable, I just hope it performs well. I was reading the info on the sospenders and they are only recommended to "accomplished swimmers" which I am not.
    Sospenders and other CO2 activated PFD's may be convenient but I wouldn't want to trust my life to one.
    God Bless,
    Don

I agree with you Don, they are more expensive and they seem to be very popular but I'd feel safer if I don't have to pull a string in order to make it work.
    Thanks
    I believe I can fly fish

I'm not trying to be a smartypants...but please buy a quality PFD and one that is comfortable....comfortable enough to wear, all the time if you're not a decent swimmer. This is a piece of equipment that could have your life in the balance! I've been through the cheap-o PFD route and will never do it again. I've got a decent one that has excellent flotation qualities but is not comfortable enough to wear all day. Buy a good one to start with. Look at NRS and some other quality, whitewater companies. These folks make top-shelf vests and made so to be comfortable enough to wear all day too. I'd stay away from the Co2 inflatable PFD's. What if you fall out of the boat and hit your head on a rock or log and get knocked out? Who's gonna pull the cord? Also something to consider....if you're a fly fisherman (assuming we are since we're on a fly fishing BB), those vests with pockets and garb all over them are bulky and restrict some movement to cast with them on, plus stripped out fly line has been known to get hung on anything it can find, including all those bulky pockets sticking out on those type vests. All I want on my vest is a good river knife and nothing else.
    Here is a link to a quality vest that is comfy enough to actually wear all day and do the job very well too:

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.a...71&deptid=2130

Save a few pennies and buy the best PFD you can afford. Your life could depend on it!
    Last edited by DarrinG; 03-07-2010 at 11:29 AM.
    Mark 1:17

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman View Post
    Must say the title almost had me suggesting something else
    I thought that he was talking about Adobe files.

I have not only thought about something for myslef and often for my Dad who isn't as stable walking as he use to be.

Nice website and nice vests. I'm getting me the clear water, it was a mesh bag on the back so it's really comfortable on the padded seat.
    They even gave me a good deal on the shipping charges.

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=2151

Thanks Darrin.
    Last edited by Martin McFly; 03-08-2010 at 07:19 PM.
    I believe I can fly fish

+ Reply to Thread