I thought that I had finally settled on a brand of thread. We all have way too much thread after doing this even for a short period of time. Yes, I have the Benecchi, Kevlar, GSP, Uni, Guidebrod, UTC etc. I thought I had settled on using Waspi Ultra UTC threads because at the end of the spools they have a colored disc. I like to use Rite bobbins and they cover the ends of the spools. I can look at a bobbin and see a red disk and say that is UTC 70, or a yellow disk and say that is UTC 140.

I seem to be fraying a lot of the UTC stuff lately. Yes, I know that I should put lotion on my hands so they aren't so rough, but lately while hand or tool whip finishing I have been breaking thread. I saw one video were a guy was using wax on his thread while whip finishing so it all slid down nicely. Nice touch, but one extra step that I don't want to include all of the time.

Keep in mind that I have a good investment in Rite bobbins and I would like to know what's on the various bobbins without taking the bobbin apart to tell and just be able to id it by sight.

What are your thoughts? Tell me to just be more careful and quit whinning.