+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FAVORITE PLACE? - Ladyfisher - February 15, 2010

Blog Entries

Default FAVORITE PLACE? - Ladyfisher - February 15, 2010

FAVORITE PLACE?

Anyone ever ask you about your favorite fishing spot? We all have to have a secret or two, so I won?t ask you. But be assured I?ve been asked more than once. I?ll happily tell you I don?t have a favorite spot, but like many my favorite has to do with a lot more than catching fish.

Deanna, thanks for the article. Some day, the salt, some day...

As for favorite 'secret' spots, sometimes the best kept secret is right in front of you. I discovered my favorite spring creek by driving the road trying to find the head of the Salmonfly hatch. Instead, we discovered the sweetest piece of water I've ever seen - anywhere, and it's right along the road. Big brown trout, complex hatches, prolific bug populations, etc., etc. I watch numerous people drive right on by as I'm fishing, never to know what a gem this is. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disappointed that they keep on driving. I've fished this particular spring for about the last 8 years or so and have rarely seen more anglers than my own group of two or three on it at any given time. I'm sure there are many such waters wherever we all fish. I'm glad to share this gem with friends and family, but I don't go out of my way to spread the news, neither do I try very hard to keep it secret. I just don't give specifics. Now, when it comes to my FAOL family, I have made sure to share this spot with any and all who contact me and want to spend some time in my backyard. You and Trav are invited anytime.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

+ Reply to Thread