I'm tying up a bunch of jelly beans (Jim Hatch's design) for a swap today and was trying arctic fox for the tails. I've never used it before. So I get a clump, clean out a lot of the under-hair and tie it onto the hook. It seemed unstable to me because the clump is still really thick with underhair even after I combed out a ton of the stuff. So I get the bright idea to put some superglue on it. I've got the hook out of the vise (why? good question) and holding the hook and fox in my left hand. With my right hand I put a couple of drops of thin CA glue where I tied in the fox. So what did I learn?

1. arctic fox is not my favorite tailing material
2. CA glue travels up arctic fox hair toward human fingers
3. CA glue gets hot when it works
4. Hooks get hot when the CA glue works
5. Fingers burn when the hot CA glue travels down the hair toward the fingers and glues the fingers to the hair and the hot hook.

Right now my left hand is typing this with some lovely white fur attached to a nice little burn.

I'm the happy idiot of fly tying. I'm thinking maybe ghost fiber or congo hair or anything without under-fur. And, oh, leaving the hook in the vise for the gluing part. D'oh.