I do a Beginners Only Fly Swap, those who are just beginning fly tying, and those who have never joined in a fly swap. I post the swaps on October first, and the first of five swaps begins in November, skip Decembers (I don't do them), January, February, March, April. Each month is a different category, this year Novembers was a Soft Hackle Wet Fly, January it was Nymphs, February was the dreaded Dry Fly, March is Streamers, and April will be Terrestrials. I have strict due date for when the flies should have arrived in my mailbox.

I quickly judge the members skills in dressing their chosen fly pattern. I notify them of the shipments arrival, I record the fly pattern, the material list and take a macro photo of the fly, I post these on the FAOL Fly Swap Board, there are three Swaps already posted for Beginner's Only.

I help with the mailing matters by suppling pre addressed from and to envelopes, I supply the container for the the flies, I supply the printed toe tags. The members only have to supply the flies and postage on both envelops. As soon as the last members flies arrive, I am immediately sorting the flies so they can be going out in the next days post pickup. Besides keeping the swap running, I answer question emailed to me, I even ship out fly tying material from my own fly shop (furnace room). The one thing I dislike the most is when a member is not communicating with the group, and the flies are late and there is no answer from the member. You do that other Swapmeister might refuse to accept you into their swaps. ~Parnelli

Few years back my Beginners Fly Swap was so poplar on FAOL, that I had 4 separate groups going at the same time for 6 monthly swaps, and each group had 12 members, I remember one group had 14..... I am a retired Army Platoon Sergeant, Little stuff like that does not slow me down.....it all in a days duties. ~Parnelli

In the Army I required all my student to maintain a 90 percentile on all tests...... if they have not learn, then it is obvious that I had not taught!