Well put Ed. and all good information you have pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by EdD View Post
I hastily concede that I haven't read many posts in this thread, but I'm going to shoot my keyboard off anyway. I was also quite contented to surf FAOL under the Old Look. Having said that, I have no problem with FAOL, The New Look. If nothing else, Miss Betty is batting her eyelashes more. That's always a plus! Things change. That's life. My favorite streams change. Sometimes changes are sudden and dramatic. Sometimes they are very slow in happening. In the computer world, things change too. In June Microsfot is dropping support of Windows 2000. I don't know what platform and software supports FAOL, but that it one possible reason for the change. HTML is fading from use, XTML is the standard now. Cascading Stylesheets are de rigeur for websites now. One might be happy to stay with MS DOS 3.12 and need nothing else to do their work, play the games that they like, and go out on line. But eventually the old PC fails and then something new must replace it. FAOL is a commercial site and there are things which MUST be done to keep it reliable and available for the benefit of us, the users. We might wish that it would never change, but it will. When you have a small, dark cloud over your head because of the change, take it as a sign of just how much you like the place. Be glad that it is here for us.

Ed

P.S. One of the things that I was trying to say is that change might not have happened just for the sake of change, but because it HAD to occur to keep FAOL up and stable.