+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Look....No Like

Hybrid View

Default New Look....No Like

Do not like the new look. Was quite comfortable and content with the old look. That could be why it was so popular. I know a lot of work went into it. But I am saddened it has changed. I was quite accustomed to the old style and liked it very much. No longer seems so simple to go where "I" want to go and my eyes pick up on what "I" want to see and am interested in. I cannot explain the why of it. I just am not quite that interested anymore. I dunno. Beats me. I just liked the old style. It was working and I am sad it has changed. Coke made a big screw up when it changed one time. I REALLY do not like the change. But, so be it. I just feel in my gut I won't be too inclined to visit as much. Just my fyi.

I frankly do not even understand why so many have already commented they like it. Blows my mind.

Anywhoooo......what do I have to do to enter the "Free Drawing" I am registered and logged in and see no way to enter my tickets"

Jim

Jim
    The drawing is still on the Home Page. You can go direct here but it looks like just the BB has been changed. I hope you stay and continue to post; I for one enjoy the seasoning you add to the mix.
    oops... I am having difficulty with the registration of my tickets for the drawing. hmmmm?
    Last edited by mcsteff; 02-13-2010 at 03:07 PM.

I suppose it's like a lot of other things. We resist change. My first reaction was whooooooa. What's up here. I'm sure that after a bit of discomfort, that it will smooth out. Now, somebody tell me where the IM notification has gone. I know you can get there by going to your own profile, but it was sure handy to take a look at the top of this forum and see whether there were messages or not. What am I missing?
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Normand Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    . Now, somebody tell me where the IM notification has gone. I know you can get there by going to your own profile, but it was sure handy to take a look at the top of this forum and see whether there were messages or not. What am I missing?
    its still at the top in the right hand corner! keep looking

Quote Originally Posted by Normand View Post
    its still at the top in the right hand corner! keep looking
    Thanks Normand. Now to find the emoticons. Here emoticons. Here emoticons.
    Oh! I see. You have to go to "Advanced". Never mind.
    Last edited by Lew; 02-13-2010 at 05:21 PM.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Blog Entries

I am with Gem on this one. There is almost no contrast between items in this format, and the blue, clickable links are barely distinguishable from the black text on the gray background. Or possibly dark gray text on light gray background. Not sure.

Maybe it is in my head, but it seems like every time this BB and the chat changed, a certain percentage of the users, including those who had been here for quite a while, dropped out. I hope that does not happen this time. I don't mind changing the site on occasion, but the parts of it that I use just keep changing time and again, and we keep having to figure out what is where, where the link we knew where to find went, and so on. This is not facebook, with the average user a tech-savvy 17 year old. The harder it is for obstinate old guys (and I am rapidly becoming one) to USE the site, the less likely they will be to do so.

Just my $0.02

I'm with Gemrod and DG on this, if this is the new look/function of the board then this is really bad. The site was great before, easy to use layout, easy to find buttons, eye pleasing colors that didn't hurt the eyes, sometimes there's no need for change. This right now looks like a default website that hasn't even been set up yet. This can't be all there is now.....is it??

Looks like if you go to a member's profile and click on "find all posts"....only one comes up?

Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    I am with Gem on this one. There is almost no contrast between items in this format, and the blue, clickable links are barely distinguishable from the black text on the gray background. Or possibly dark gray text on light gray background. Not sure.

Maybe it is in my head, but it seems like every time this BB and the chat changed, a certain percentage of the users, including those who had been here for quite a while, dropped out. I hope that does not happen this time. I don't mind changing the site on occasion, but the parts of it that I use just keep changing time and again, and we keep having to figure out what is where, where the link we knew where to find went, and so on. This is not facebook, with the average user a tech-savvy 17 year old. The harder it is for obstinate old guys (and I am rapidly becoming one) to USE the site, the less likely they will be to do so.

Just my $0.02
    The only thing I seriously find difficult is the white, or light, background - the tan was much easier to see everything on.

Blog Entries

This white background makes it much harder for me to read.

DG what do you mean you're rapidly becoming an obstinate old guy....... that's a laugh......you have been an obstinate old guy for years.
    The only difference is that you are finally beginning to recognize that fact. I'd have inserted an Mr green smiley face here mostly because I know DG doesn't like emoticons.

That is if I could have found the emoticons ( insert a frowney face here )
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

+ Reply to Thread