+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Look....No Like

why not spend some time getting familiar with the new features. It takes only a few minutes. Sheesh, it's not like horrible things have happened here. How about seeking ways to help instead of complaining. Ask questions and give opinions tht open positive dialogue.

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rockthief View Post
    why not spend some time getting familiar with the new features. It takes only a few minutes. Sheesh, it's not like horrible things have happened here. How about seeking ways to help instead of complaining. Ask questions and give opinions tht open positive dialogue.
    Haven't seen anything but honest opinion here yet. If you think that is complaining well nothing I can do about that. You have to understand that for some of us the change causes real physical pain when viewed for too long of duration. Do this: Take hold of both of your eyeballs between the thumb and fore finger of each hand. Now squeeze your eye balls until they feel like they are going to burst and you get a splitting headache. Welcome to my comfort zone now being caused by the change in contrast on this board. Kind of makes me even more grumpy than I am by nature. Those blasted microscopic fonts have to go too!

All of us have the right to express our opinions as protected by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. If that is construed as complaining so be it. Complaining is a form of expression and as such is covered under said amendment. However none of us have the right not to be offended.

Blog Entries

Hear Hear nighthawk. I so enjoy being told I am complaining, disgruntled, an old lady, and to get past it when I express an opinion that differs from someone else's. It's so...mature.

Personally, I can live with any change thrown at me & have no issue with the new look, but I also understand others may have major issues when presented with a change such as this one.
    I'm not being smart here, but have any of you with concerns or complaints PM'd Ron, Deanna, or Neil?
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Katy, Texas (Houston is our biggest suburb!)
    Blog Entries

Hmmmmmmmmm! Me thinks the brains behind the forum have decided to "GO GREEN!! Is this an attempt to be "Politically Correct"? TO HELL WITH POLITICAL CORRECTNESS; FULL SPEED AHEAD! Oh, it was : "DAMN THE TORPEDOS; FULL SPEED AHEAD"! The choice of colors STINKS!! There is very little contrast, making it hard for these septaugenarian eyes to read. Oh, by the way, it ain't easy to hold a magnifying glass and try to type a response at the same time. The "Reply" font is ridiculously small!

aged_sage

PS: AMEN nighthawk!

yep. looks like this vbb version is optimized for 800x600 resolution. who uses 800x600 resolution these days?

Quote Originally Posted by aged_sage View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmm! Me thinks the brains behind the forum have decided to "GO GREEN!! Is this an attempt to be "Politically Correct"? TO HELL WITH POLITICAL CORRECTNESS; FULL SPEED AHEAD! Oh, it was : "DAMN THE TORPEDOS; FULL SPEED AHEAD"! The choice of colors STINKS!! There is very little contrast, making it hard for these septaugenarian eyes to read. Oh, by the way, it ain't easy to hold a magnifying glass and try to type a response at the same time. The "Reply" font is ridiculously small!

aged_sage

PS: AMEN nighthawk!
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    I can't say about fly fishing but there's a lot of feed lots in Kansas.
    Wes' Pattern Book
    http://www.flypatternbook.net

I agree with Nighthawk, if the background could be made darker, it would make it alot easier on the eyes.

Blog Entries

Still cannot find a way to make this work for me... I will not be stopping to look much until the color is toned down.
    art

I don't have a problem with changing the format of the forum - whatever works best for the site owners works for me as I greatly appreciate this site. I do have to admit; however, as with some of the other folks, the white background is harsh on my eyes and gives me a headache (i noted that I am squinting as I write this).

Appearantly some one objected to my post and decided to send me the following reputation:
    Negative. Comments on this Post
    I found your use of the phrase "get past it" in response to Gemrod's opinon of the changes to the BB disrespectful

To whomever sent me this reputation on my post. Please reread my post. I stated get past it and hang out with us. I meant no disrespect. The tone of my response was to encourage Gemrod to continue to visit the bb. Like telling a friend, "dude get over it and let's go fishing."
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread