+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: New Forum Format

Bass_Bug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by James Smith View Post
    Is there a way to know if I have any new PMs without having to click on the PM link? If I recall, the old site had it so I could see if I had a new PM whenever I accessed the BB.

Jim Smith
    If you have a new message it will show 'Notification 1' in the top right by your profile and settings link. It you click on settings it will be listed on the top just like before. Send yourself a test PM and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFisher View Post
    I find it quite interesting that I have become an adequate left-hand caster (I'm not)
    LadyFisher
    I noticed the lefty picture right away but thought that was your normal mode of operation. The few people that I have introduced to casting and for my own use, instead of switching rod hands I cast over the off shoulder. In other words instead of casting over my right shoulder, I put the rod at a 45 degree angle across the front of my chest and cast over my left shoulder. There are many times that this little trick has made a cast possible where a straight right handed cast would not work because of cover or obsticles. I'll actually have to give the totally lefty a try.

Bass_Bug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    Seems like there's quite a few people complaining about the colors of the website.

Aside from wondering how they manage to perform any other task on a computer, I thought 'why couldn't the other windows just share the same color scheme as the main page? Have the background be white, post headers be dark brown, and text fields be light tan?
    Windows will not pass on it's color scheme to web pages (colors, fonts etc.), it just doesn't work that way. It will only change the part of the window thats generic (title bar, browser menu buttons etc.) the things that are common to ALL applications. Settings within the App are up to the app developer, in this case the web designer. Part of what makes web sites individual are their specific color/font combinations. If a webmaster gets enough complaints, he'll realize his color website design may not be the best for business. Many of theses settig are built into the software and the web designer has limited choices. I doubt that Ron built this from scratch. His hands are likely tied to options from the BB software.

If the new design is too bright, use your brightness/contrast and tone it down for now.

Background color is atrocious for a video monitor and the text font is too small.

Western Portal Sequoia National Forest & the G.T.W., Kern River, CA.

Wink Hey Ron, Please Super Size Me!

I like the new format, the colors used, contrast and resolution as diesplayed on my rig are great. Like a few others here, I could us a boost in the font size, just a touch larger when viewing threads and a much larger font size for the reply box.

If this reply is chalked full of typo's, it's becasue I can't see what in the Sam H. I'm typing.

Dave

B.T.W. the smiley that I attached to the title was supposed to be the blue winking dude, but when I viewed the posted relpy, it shows up as a beaming smile yellow guy.. that's a strange little glitch.
    Last edited by Dave E; 02-14-2010 at 03:11 PM.

I'll say it again because it isn't getting any better....clicking on What's New and being taken to the top of the page rather than to the new post is really annoying and time consuming.

BTW I remember increasing the contrast on my computer some time ago and I don't seem to be having the trouble many of you are having.

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman View Post
    I'll say it again because it isn't getting any better....clicking on What's New and being taken to the top of the page rather than to the new post is really annoying and time consuming.

BTW I remember increasing the contrast on my computer some time ago and I don't seem to be having the trouble many of you are having.
    There's a small learning curve. I did the same as you and hit "what's new", but the button that you are looking for is under that line and it says: "New Posts", it is directly under the "Home" button. GL

Actually Clay, I "misspoke"...I've been using the "New Posts"....the "What's New" seems to be the tab for "New Posts".

Edit: Both take me to the top of the page...how about you?
    Last edited by ducksterman; 02-14-2010 at 04:19 PM.

ducksterman

Once you get to the top of the page there is another new post button to the left top of the page. It will take you to the newest post, but you have to back out of both page's when you're done.

knucks
    Last edited by knucks; 03-14-2010 at 09:32 PM.

OK I've got it figured out...after doing "New Posts" and you get to the top of the newest page...in about the middle of the blue bar under the Thread title...click on "view first unread"

+ Reply to Thread