I thought I'd keep this idea separate from the "pay for signature line links" thread. Cuz...that's a good idea too, and this is an additional opportunity for LF/FAOL to possibly get $$.

FAOL is totally a great COMMUNITY of folks, with daily helpful suggestions, stories, ideas. Its irreplaceable, and a main reason we each log in daily...or multiple times daily.

I was thinking about some of the other major assets FAOL has, and how unthinkable it would be to existing and future fly anglers if these things were ever lost.

One thing was all the fly patterns in the forums and FOTW archives. I know there's somebody on here that has these all nicely saved/organized, and is willing to share.

Another is Al's fly-tying lessons. Also, all the articles that have been submitted over the years...

Wouldn't it be great to have a DVD/Multi-DVD Set of all the tying & casting lessons/articles, as well as all of the other various articles archived? Even if you've been around FAOL for years, and have looked through most of the stuff....Who wouldn't want to BUY a set? I sure would!
FAOL could offer these for sale, make a profit, AND ensure that this info never gets lost. Seems like a WIN-WIN.

Just an idea, I have not concept of what kind of an undertaking this might be to actually get it done. But, if such a thing were made available, I'd buy not only for myself, but might also buy as gifts for other fly anglers I know, and recommend to other fly anglers, new or experienced. Can you imagine?