Hi Kelkay,
Awesome job on those bass bugs!
I make quite a few bass bugs myself, and the ones that I make the most are #2 Dink Component Poppers by Edgewater. I tie them on a Gamakatsu B10S #2 stinger hook. They are strong hooks, give me the gap for hooking up, and also plenty of room to tie on other materials behind the popper body.
I use acrylic Delta Ceramcoat Paints that can be found in most craft shops such as Michael's.
2 coats of sealer, 2 coats of paint, eyes and dots, a coat of glaze, and 4 coats of gloss interior/exterior varnish to finish them off.
I also use a rotary dryer to keep them from forming drips.
For putting legs on, I just lay the finished popper on it's side on top of a thick piece of foam and push a bodkin all the way thru it, then pull it out. I then push a threader thru the hole and put a couple of rubber legs thru the threader, bringing the ends together. Next, I pull the threader back thru the body carerfully and cut the legs from the threader once they look even on both sides of the popper. Then I trim them to an even length.
There is an excellent article in the Spring 2007 edition of Fly Tyer Magazine title, "Painting Bass Bugs Like a Pro." If you can get ahold of a copy it will be well worth it.