Thread: Ok so I have been fishing and thinking..

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Ok so I have been fishing and thinking, how to help FAOL ..

Hi some of you know that I do a lot of Fly fishing, will it might surprise you to know that I do some thinking also, so when fishing was slow yesterday, and then the river turned to chocolate milk, gladly we were on the right side of the river when the tidal wave came down, I thought of this..

First I LOVE THIS FORUM, it was the first one I joined, it is the first one I go to for straight information, it is invaluable to me!!!! it is priceless..

So following the "FAOL what is it worth to you" got me thinking.
    If I was in the owners waders how would I secure the Forums future.. what little thing have I missed.

Then it hit me like a PETA tofu cream pie... no single shaft of sunlight beamed on me , but I think this one of my brighter moments..

I have noticed the links on many many Forums members signature , that little link to Joe Bloggins home spun trout fly . com and the I love fish . blog. they are very effective free advertising for the Member and some of them have been around for a long long time..

So how does this help Lady Fisher well how about this ( this is where folks have to pay attention) I have a couple of options to purpose -

1)Mandatory $10.00USD a year fee for signature link, no if ands or buts.. link to be removed if necessary. ( personally this one is heavy handed and more like me and not the Ladyfisher)

2) $10.00USD a year fee, for signature link, Please.

3) Fee for the link based on what link owner works out with Forum owner.

4) $100.00 fee for link, per year, again this is more my thinking..

5) Voluntary fee for signature links to be voted on and agreed on by the Forum owner..

so there is five options, Plse critique, vote, chase me down and stone me, but lets figure this out and help FAOL.

Told you it is bad when fishing is slow and I start thinking.. hope the rivers clear up by the end of the week!! I need to go fishing again...
    Last edited by flyfishfairwx; 02-10-2010 at 06:42 PM.
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada