As the winter is slowly coming to the end (I hope) and I?m getting ready for new season my mind keeps on wandering to things that are to come and also things in the past. And when it comes to fishing this Polak cannot help but to start thinking about? food.
My wife and I usually go out fishing for quite a few hours so most of the time we need to pack lunch.
We are both on the low fat, low cholesterol, low sugar, low sodium, low spice diet also known as ?Eating Food That Taste Like Woodchips Diet? so our choices are bit limited. Thus far we usually bring few sandwiches, some fruit or snack and few drinks in the cooler but to be honest this is getting bit old, not to mention that sometimes we are out of sandwich making supplies or we stay longer without being prepared and this can put a damper on things?
For a minute there I have considered carrying some foods prepared for hikers ? like dehydrated foods but you need to have hot water to prep them and I rather not have a stove of the boat - the darn thing is too small as is?
I have also considered getting some MRE?s but these things are just way to rich in calories ? our lifestyle just does not go along the lines of 5000 calories a day?
So the question is: what do you pack for lunch?
I?m sure that in the combined wisdom of everyone here I will not have to go fishing hungry?