+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bahamas Fly Fish - License require ?

Question Bahamas Fly Fish - License require ?

Has anyone fly fished in the Bahamas from shore? Do you need any permits or license? I've been trying to get this info from the internet but to no avail. I don't want to do a guide mainly because it costs $500.

Default License?

My last trip down there was last May, no license at that time. On fishing from shore, it all depends on where you are. You need 'flats' for the best bone fishing, the fish come from deeper water onto the flats to feed. Get a pair of Chota wading booties, they come up over your ankle, and the bottom sole is sturdy enough to keep you out of trouble walking on stuff. There are other fish to play with, barracuda are great fun, and 8 wt. rod, floating tropic type line and some crazy charlies, pink puffs, Al's Shrimpf which Al Campbell created for a trip to Belieze was a huge hit there AND in the Bahamas when we fished it down there, our guide begged for all we had left when we ended that trip. It really, really works!
    http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flyt...082701fotw.php

Have fun!

Thanks so much!, I'll be sure to tie a few shrimp. I did finally hear from the Nassua Fish Commision and you still do not need a license or permit. Thanks again -btw - love this website!

+ Reply to Thread