+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FLY TYING Made Clear And Simple II - Book Review - February 8, 2010

Blog Entries

Default FLY TYING Made Clear And Simple II - Book Review - February 8, 2010

FLY TYING Made Clear And Simple II

Skip Morris is a well-known name in the world of modern fly-fishing and fly tying literature. The author of a number of popular books covering everything from angling entomology to fly-fishing for trout in lakes he is best known for his "how to" books on fly tying techniques. His most recent contribution is a follow-up to his original book by the same title, which is now in its 22nd printing.
    Last edited by rtidd; 02-07-2010 at 10:57 PM.

I've read a couple of Skip's books...one on tying bass flies, and one on tying nymphs. Both are EXCELLENT books! He does such a good job explaining and simplifying difficult tying concepts.
    And as many times as a tyer might go back to review tutorials or specific patterns, these spiral-bound books should last a long time, not to mention they are easy to keep open!
    Last edited by FishnDave; 02-08-2010 at 01:55 PM.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

I bought this book (version I) shortly after taking up fly tying and it helped. I thought the problems and solutions section for each fly really supercharged the book's value. Interesting to see the price has gone up $5 with the new version.

I also wonder how many more fly tying books the world needs these days. But I bought Charlie Craven's Basic Fly Tying last year and am glad I did. The book has a lot of really helpful tips and tricks included in the instructions. I suspect, though, that it will be my last fly tying book purchase. There is just too much really good info available for free on the Net.

+ Reply to Thread