Hey guys and girls

Hopefully I have got the right area here to post my request?

A mate and I are doing a road trip from NYC to LA starting in mid june. Along the way we will be heading to Niagra falls, Chicago and then hopefully end up at some of the national parks - Yellow stone, Yosemite etc before ending up in LA in mid july. We are both mad keen fly fisherman and we are hoping to do a bit of fishing along the way. We realise its a bit of a major haul but would be great to break it up along the way with a bit of fishing.

We are going to be doing the trip on a bit of a budget so hiring a guide is probably out of the question. If we were to take one rod each what weight should we take? a 5? Any advice about basic gear to bring and or locations would be appreciated.

I do a lot of fly fishing in the North Island of New Zealand and have a house in Turangi where the world famous Tongariro River runs through. If anyone offered to take us out fishing along our route/destinations I would be more than willing to reciprocate to anyone that was coming to New Zealand to fish one day.

Tight lines

Karl