I used Red Fox Squirrel Tail exclusively on one of them... For the "belly" portion, I used the guard hairs that were entirely rust-colored.

The other two, including the one showing the profile, I used Red Fox Squirrel Tail on top, I used Gray Squirrel Tail, which has the white tips. On the tails I have, the Gray Squirrel Tail hair is shorter than the Red Fox Squirrel Tail hair. I kind of thought the white tips set forward a bit from the top red tips might maybe look like the legs of a crayfish tucked in as its scooting backward?

For flash, I used copper Flashabou on one, brown Krystal Flash on one, and sort of a peacock colored (black with green accents) Krystal Flash on the 3rd (not necessarily in that order in the picture).

Overall, I like the looks of these...the color and profile is pretty similar to a crayfish, and apparently (according to Longs for Cutts) the carp agree. I can't wait to try these! I tied these on either #6 or #8 streamer hooks...I'd like Longs for Cutts opinion... do these look like what you use? I'm wondering if I should shorten the tails closer to the hook bend, so that it is a smaller/easier bite for the carp?