First let me say Hi to anyone and everyone. I am real new to the sport and I have found this site is an excellent source of all kinds of information. And obviously fun with the hijinks on some of the BB posts I have read!

Sea trout are sea run browns, I think.

My annual vacation in the fall, is on the north side of the Gaspe peninsula, which is upstream from you, and it is a big part of the reason for my interest in the sport of fly fishing.

In my first book "The Fly Tying Bible" there are quite a number of patterns for "Sea Trout."

The locals last fall, showed me a couple of producing flies. They looked like a cross between Bi-Visible, tied brown-red, and a Royal Wulff, without the red floss.

Last fall was my first time for flyfishing, and I was VERY impressed when standing in a line of fly fishermen, and one lady, everyone else caught SEVERAL fish, but true to history, all I did was loose a few flies, and land some solid hits in my hat, vest and once in my thumb.

This fall I hope to get my revenge, armed with a little more knowledge, and flies!

Remember to wet your lines, not your boots!