Well now flyguy66 I will bet my bottom dollar you are in bed with andy novak and his group.
This has been their bleeting reply from the start of this.
did you know the stamp was actually the CCSJ idea?

In relpy to your statement about the membership of the San Juan River Foundation. yes, we have 5 members that are guides and well over 4,300 who are not. get your facts straight.

This is a TAILWATER! very little reproduction happens here. get your facts straight.

Now as far as TU goes. they have NEVER supported the san juan in any way because it is a TAILWATER!
the largest flyfishing group in New Mexico (NMtrout) quit TU because they would not help with the san juan back in the early 80's
TU will fight this bill because they belive that it will take money away from their projects.
Funny
In the last ten years NMF&G has spent in excess of $1,000,000.00 for TU projects in the state of New Mexico. Most of which the average fisherman can not fish, but are paying for anyway.
The san juan sells over a third of all fishing licenses in the state of New Mexico. NMF&G has spent less than $100,000.00 in the last ten years on the san juan.
Seems a bit lopsided.
get your facts straight.

Now as far as the restoration plan, the san juan has a very high DO content coming OUT OF THE LAKE! there is very little gravel left in the first mile downstream from the dam, if fact one of the projects will be to regravel the upper river.
There is a plan in place here. a plan that 99.9% of fisherman support

TU New mexico, New Mexico wildlife, Andy Novack's gang of five and their puppetmaster Oscar Simpson from the National Wildlife Foundation don't give a hoot about the san juan, they never have.

In fact name me ONE thing this group has done to help the san juan.

Get your facts straight.